Thursday, August 22, 2013

Inspiration 22/30

I cropped this iris extremely close because I loved the ruffles, water drops and the extreme value difference of the lovely petals. Did you notice all that in a single glance? I sure hope so! This blue violet iris is just a plethora of inspiration to my artist side. I actually want to paint this large, I mean really large using bold directional strokes of a very limited palette. It would be a huge challenge but the outcome would be a journey of learning the curves and gentle contours from within the structure of the flower. Adding the water drops would be the final step. The step that says you are finished, you have released your energy into the canvas now just sit back and enjoy it! Who knew that one flower would evoke such passion? What is your flower today?


No comments:

Post a Comment