Thursday, February 28, 2013

Vivid Beauty

I love the iris flower and we have a wide variety planted throughout the garden. This one with its rich violet hue just makes me want to grab my paints immediately and immerse myself within its deepest shadows. The intensity and color range of this one iris would keep me painting for many days if not years trying to capture all of its deep intense glory. The final touch for me is that beautiful tiny fleck of golden brown of the bee body. I love that it let me capture it in such a great position of importance. With the wonderful yet subtle green in the background, it really pushes the beauty of the iris to the forefront helping you see all its gorgeous values up front and personal. Can't you just feel its silky texture and satin petals? I love when a photograph just makes you want to reach out and touch. That is the wonderful thing of being a creative artist, helping you see the array of everyday elegance just waiting to be discovered.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wold love to grow bearded iris...is such a deep luscious color...hard to do in Alaska tho. Our iris are pretty but not nearly as intense.

    ReplyDelete