Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Colors

This photo embodies the Fall season for me. The richness of the colors, the yellowing of the leaves and the wonderful rich appearance of all the reaching towers of sunflowers. The large brown button center contains so much visual interest with its texture that I could stare at it for hours. Ahh, but the glorious petals with all the fabulous hues of the season, what else can I say, they are simply luscious. The golden yellow, rich orange and deep brick just make me reach for my paint brushes to capture the moment.

This little beauty stands at just under 5 feet and let me tell you, it is a buzz with bees at any given moment. I can't wait to see the bright yellow gold finches tearing at the center once it turns to seeds. We have sun-flowers all over the front yard this year, some are huge, probably 12-14 feet and towering over miss Venus making it a feast for any pair of eyes that stumble across it. Be on the lookout, the season of color is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment