Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hollyhocks

The sun was hiding behind a cloud when I snapped this photo and it gave me such an enchanting color of salmon pink that I just had to share. I love the details of the center that you can see including the soft lime green center of the flower that supports the butter yellow stamen. The delicate nature of the petals is quite evident with the way they are sheer and transparent along the outer edges. The ruffles distract you from finding individual petals creating a nice round object to marvel at. The soft veining that goes from yellow to the softest of pink eventually fading to oblivion makes you appreciate its amazing detail. I got to this one just in time, it was the only one of the stem that had yet to be eaten by the japanese beetles, those darn bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment