Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Springs Perfume

We have so many lilac bushes around our property and have added several different varieties over the years to fill in where we needed them. Today it was one of those humid days where the sweet aroma just lingered in the air drowning you in its perfume from head to toe. Even the puppies stopped and sniffed the air soaking in its spring loveliness. I bring in a blossom or two every day while these are blooming because I love the scent it leaves in the studio. It is the first thing to hit me in the morning as I open the french doors and the last thing I smell at night as I head up to bed. I don't know where my love of these flowers stemmed from but I cannot remember a time in my life where there wasn't a bush close by and ready to smell :D

No comments:

Post a Comment