Friday, March 16, 2012

Radiance

These rose of sharon seed pod casings grabbed my attention almost instantly. The light was giving them a radiant golden yellow hue that spoke to my heart and soul. Not only was the subject lit up but the fanning shapes themselves were just spectacular. I love that you can see the wrinkled center vein in each petal giving movement to an inanimate object. How the light gives it depth and dimension while making you really study the anatomy and beauty of the fragile pod. The light dances from one petal to the next making you try to figure out what it what giving it a moment of intrigue that sends my creative muse twirling in the sunlight. Do you see it? Can you feel the sun giving it life and making you take notice? I sure hope so. I also wonder what you will see the next time you find yourself looking into a ray of light that focuses your attention on something you probably wouldn't have seen before. My wish, that you slow down and appreciate the beauty right in front of you!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the sunshine and the love of nature's beauty in your words. Lovely post Kelly! I share your joy in the little things.

    ReplyDelete