Thursday, February 2, 2012

Palette - Kale

I love kale especially this colorful variety. I thought it would be an interesting study of color to be pulled out into a palette. The top three swatches can be found in the lovely magenta center of the kale. The bottom swatch is found deep within the leaves, who knew it would be such a deep dark violet. The dancing curled edging adds so much texture giving the light a chance to sparkle here and there giving your eye a treat in the process. It has to be my favorite part and one day I know I will do a rendering of this plant, maybe an extreme close up just to show the lovely detail of light and shadow on a frilly highway. I hope the next time you see this unobtrusive plant, you stop to wonder what wondrous colors are hiding amongst the petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment