Monday, December 12, 2011

Word - Flair

The word for this week is flair.

Its noun meaning: ability to appreciate or make good use of something; bent; talent; a unique style.

The type is also from the Crate & Barrel catalog but it made me go in a totally different way with my art than that of the red inspiration below. I knew I wanted it to have an upscale elegance to it without being snobby or pretentious. The rubber stamp of the dress was perfect and I added the used dryer sheet to give it a rustic element yet stay cohesive with the design. The pearls were made with a pencil eraser one at a time giving it just the right shape without a lot of work. The time stencils are from the crafters workshop and I absolutely love them with this piece. I didn't want them to take away from the dress or the words so I blended them into the background as an ambiance to the piece. I love the entire canvas and know it will look perfect on the baby grand welcoming in the new year! What do you have planned for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment