Sunday, December 11, 2011

Seeing Red

I received a holiday flyer from Crate & Barrel this week and was so inspired by the layout, colors and text, I used it for a couple of small canvases. I was fascinated by the red and all the different hues available in that color palette and wanted to explore it a little further. I added the stripes to the right and included a butterfly that has every red color name imaginable in it written inside. I added snowflakes for the upcoming holiday and included the small dots to mimic the ornament shapes. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. It will look great in the dining room cabinet surrounded by all the christmas items. What would you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, I love it Kelly. This could be used in so many beautiful ways; I'd cherish it as a card and frame it in a simple clear perspex frame to let it stand alone proud, bold and beautiful, it would also make fantastic place mats on a Christmas table, I could see this beautifully projected on a large white wall, perhaps the side of a large building to spread some community joy amongst the shopping and busy preparation time, oh gosh endless possibilities, it's fantastic though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you took what inspired you and ran with it! I enjoyed hearing about your thought process as you created this vibrant piece of art. I would display it on the bookshelf in my family room for all to admire!

    ReplyDelete