Monday, November 7, 2011

Picture Perfect

I couldn't believe my luck at this line up of the hyacinth leaves. Notice how the front is so different from the back of the leaves. I can't decide which I like better. The front has the wonderfully vibrant chartreuse coloration and a hint of crimson in the veins. The back is such a pale celery green but oh, those veins, are just a great display of Mother Natures hand at work. Those deep spidery veins to keep the plant getting all the oxygen it needs and to show it off so magnificently with the deep red color, perfection. Who knew they would be so different? It was a pleasant surprise for my creative side, making me love this plant even more. Are you convinced yet that you need it for your garden? I am and I can't wait to plant the seeds next year.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what we can "see" when we really pay attention to the beauty around us!

    ReplyDelete