Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So Many Circles

Some Thesaurus words for "circle" - aureole, band, belt, circlet, cirque, coil, colure, corona, crown, curve, cycle, disc, ecliptic, enclosure, embrace, encircle, encompass, ensphere, envelop, globe, halo, horizon, orbit, periphery, revolve, ringlet, round, sphere, turn, vortex, whirl, zodiac.

Wow, what an assortment of words. Do I have a favorite? Yes, of course. Cirque is it for me but only because I love the spelling but for the meaning it would have to be aureole. I picked this photo for all the texture contained on or within each circle. Did you notice the thin spokes, the points on the outside of the back tires? How about the inner circles holding all together? Yes, this machinery is full of our word this week. I wonder how many circles you will now start seeing...

1 comment:

  1. Love the texture. I didn't notice the inner circles until you pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete