Monday, April 18, 2011

Word - Classic

The word for this week is classic.

Its noun meaning: a work of enduring excellence and esp. of ancient Greece or Rome; a traditional event.

I just love english gardens with all their structure and elegance but most of all for their statuary. I have dreamed about them in my yard since I was a child and I finally have them. Now I'm just waiting for their decay. Yep, the falling off of parts and pieces to add to their charm. I wanted to capture the beauty of Venus here with the star magnolias behind her. This particular one is graced by three of them surrounding her and believe me when I say it is a beautiful sight. So you ask, what does this have to do with the word classic? Well, it's my fairy tale after all and isn't that a traditional event for a young girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment