Sunday, December 19, 2010

Moon Mystery

It is just so weird when the sun is behind you and the moon is in front of you all at just 4 pm. I couldn't resist taking this photo, the serenity is just awesome and perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

Did you happen to notice the tall barn in the back? The cupola (a small structure on top of a roof or building) is falling down and at such an uncommon angle it looks as if it's leaning forward ready to fall any moment. Aahhh, aged barns are a thing of beauty, wouldn't you agree? When I was in college one assignment was to go an take photos of barns. And, of course, all of mine were at the falling down stage with missing boards, caved in roofs and no windows. The teacher actually asked if I had seen any barns that looked good? My reply, yes, I photographed them! So see, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo Kelly! Old buildings have a lot of character, plus I love moon shots!

    ReplyDelete