Sunday, July 11, 2010

Quilting All Nighter

Just came back from an all night quilting event. It was a lot of fun and there were no sleepers in the group although we did lose Linda for a couple minutes :)

I wanted to share this great piece of fabric with you. Even though the Statue of Liberty is the prominent feature, I was drawn to it for the little squares throughout. I don't know what I'm envisioning in my head but I can guarantee these tiny beauties will turn up in some kind of applique. I'm intrigued by the color, value and the bit of artwork in each cube and I think they will add a lot of interest no matter where they are placed. I'll keep you posted.

So, when was the last time you looked beyond the obvious to see that something special waiting to be discovered? I hope it was today or yesterday - any longer and you need to start looking harder at your surroundings. Treasures are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment