Friday, July 16, 2010

Danville Swallowtail

During a break from the workshop a couple of ladies noticed this beautiful specimen and took photos in the garden next to the retreat center. While showing me her find, I couldn't help but look for it myself and was luckily to see it still hovering over the butterfly bush. I snapped this one and loved that it was so high and the sky was included in the photo. What could you do with this composition? I just think it is fantastic. The butterfly is in shadow due to my overhead angle but it just adds to the wonderment of it all. I might even include it in the next workshop as a reminder and a nice challenge of doing a sky. Yes, that's it! I haven't done a sky rendering and this would be a great opportunity plus just look at the photo - simply breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment