Monday, June 7, 2010

Word - Texture

The word for this week is texture.

Its noun meaning: the visual or tactile surface characteristics and appearance of something; essential part; basic scheme or structure; fabric; overall structure.

I love texture and when designing it is my main component I try to include. It adds such visual stimulation for me and I hope the viewer of my artwork. Imagine a single rose laying on a table, nice but kind of boring. Now, add a piece of lace under it with a couple of folds, getting better but this still life is expected. Add a piece of burlap with the ends all loose and unruly, now you are talking my language. Rough and unexpected next to the soft and prettiness of the rose, perfect combination in my creativity.
The lovely photo is of dew drenched lambs ear. Can you feel as well as see its texture? What would you accompany with this for an interesting piece of art?

No comments:

Post a Comment