Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day and I wanted to celebrate it with you by showing you a view from the garden. This is my favorite statue and a new climbing rose that is out of control at the moment but still beautiful in my eyes. I cropped it tightly to give you the full scale of the yard that includes all the luscious green layers and the bright sky. I hope you take the time to appreciate the little miracles of the day, I know I do.

I'm getting ready to embark on a new adventure, rediscovering my paints. I know I can still paint a straight and steady line, my nervousness comes with the ability to design and create something exciting. It's been a while since I haven't relied on photographs so bear with me and don't laugh out loud too much when I share some art with you. I would like to start once a week showing you my progressions and I hope it inspires you to get back on your horse again so to speak. We can ride out this journey together, right? I know I can count on all of you for your honesty so jump in and pledge to experience something again once a week. It doesn't have to take a lot of time, heck I would be happy with 30 minutes a week if it meant playing with the medium I loved at one time. I've always been one to jump in feet first, think about it later then experience it to the fullest - and now I'm ready to do it again. Wish me a creative muse, it is going to be a ride of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment