Thursday, May 27, 2010

Comfort and Ease

While away in Wichita, the iris and peony began blooming making our yard a colorful palette for any artist to enjoy. Peonies are my favorite bloom but iris have a special elegance to them that just can't be beat. We have about 12-15 different color varieties around the property and I like them all for different reasons. This one reminds me of a pair of blue jeans that is half worn out but fits you like a glove. I don't know why but when I look at them, that is where my mind goes. Creativity comes from within and my brain doesn't shut down to often so just roll with me on this one. The deep, rich top and pale lower petals just put my ideas into overdrive wondering which medium would do them justice. I'll have to ponder on that for a while...huummmm

No comments:

Post a Comment