Monday, May 3, 2010

Study in Green

Here's my latest Colored Pencil of the Month Club project. I wanted to explore the color green and fell in love with the blood root leaves covered in water drops. My trip to White River Gardens in Indianapolis let me get the shot of the butterfly. I combined the two and am so pleased with the stunning results. Can you see my style? This one defines it pretty well - nature explored! I love the movement of the leaf shapes complimenting the position and the stiffness of the butterfly. I placed the butterfly in the bottom portion of the design because I liked the negative space created by the tall right hand and gentle curve of the lower left hand leaves. It gave me a lot of flowing lines and because of that, I chose the black surface. I wanted to keep the negative spaces in tact and important - do you think I made it work? I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment