Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Glass Bird

I wanted to take flourish in a different way, more home decor. While visiting Kansas I stopped at Nell Hill's and took many photos, this is just one I plan on sharing with you all. The subject matter and great settings in this store just make my imagination go wild.

I couldn't resist this little glass bird on top of the jar lid - pure perfection to me. The reflections, lack of color and great interest were all inspirations I knew you would appreciate. Can you just imagine the jar filled with a real nest and a couple faux robin's eggs? Now I wish I would have bought the container! I would have never thought of layering the glass and silver objects the way they did but I really like the way they work together creating new and exciting shapes and shadows. What do you think? I'm off to find a way to use this technique in my house, now if only I had that tall glass jar hummmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment