Friday, April 9, 2010

White Rhinos

I wanted to share this wonderful photo with you of the white rhinos from the Indianapolis Zoo. I was just awestruck by their overall size and actually felt very small observing them. I think the rock structure, the hint of the grey blue sky and vibrant green foliage add to the drama of this photo and I just love it. I took a lot of photos of them and can't wait to do a rendering of it. Not sure what medium to use yet - colored pencil or acrylic - but I will keep you posted. If you haven't been to a zoo lately, make the trip, it was a lot of fun and I am going to go to several more in the coming months. Where else can we see all of God's creatures in one place? I'm just glad to have the opportunity to go and visit!

1 comment:

  1. Love the similar look of the rocks and rhinos and I know you'll love working the textures!

    ReplyDelete