Thursday, April 8, 2010

White River Gardens

I spent today at the Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens where the butterfly exhibition was taking place. I have wanted to go to the gardens for a while now and could finally fit it into my schedule and let me tell you it was well worth the trip. To see the various stages the butterfly goes through - chrysalis, emergence and flying free - was just breathtaking to me. I was also very impressed with the various textures included in the exhibit. There was a waterfall with a nice landing rock as observed in the photo, beautifully exotic orchids and bromeliads, a koi pond, some trees and a huge variety of tropical plants. It was just amazing to see them flying around and being able to actually observe them in a contained place. They had a very nice variety and I shot about 200 photos in just an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment