Sunday, March 21, 2010

Emergence

The crocus flower is finally here YEAH! It is one of my first indications that Spring is coming and the Winter season is behind us. Although I will miss the wonderful white snow, I will not miss the dreary grey that comes along with it.

This is a cheery sight for me because we have them planted around the house and the driveway so we are sure to see them everyday. How can you miss that royal purple with the thinly striped chartreuse leaves? Next to the various shades of brown, the intense bright colors will catch your eye no matter where you are in the yard.

I loved this photo because it looks like the leaf is being unwrapped for the gentle but direct emergence of this little flower. Don't the thin leaves look like they are skillfully arranged around the single blossom as if holding it up like a trophy? Talk about putting something on a pedestal - what exquisiteness!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Kelly and beautiful photography! When I see my crocus' peeking out, I am elated! Spring cannot be far behind!

    ReplyDelete