Monday, January 18, 2010

Word - Sparkle

The word for this week is sparkle.

Its verb meaning: flash, gleam, to perform brilliantly, effervesce.

Its noun meaning: gleam, animation.
I just love the way water drops reflect and show off light brilliantly. I'm sharing this photo of a water soaked peony loaded with these tiny mirrors because it is the true definition of the word "sparkle" to me. I also like the way the shadow from leaves fall on the flower giving it interesting darks that only accentuate the water drops. Don't you agree? With the little touches of red highlighting the pink, I couldn't think of a more perfect word for this picture. I have done a colored pencil rendering of this entire peony, I'll share with you later this week. Don't want to put everything out there all at once or you wouldn't have anything to read and follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment