Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Orange Visitors

Last Spring we were overwhelmed with Baltimore Orioles and we loved it. Anywhere you looked there was a sudden flash of orange. Needless to say we got to the fridge as fast as possible and put out some oranges for these brightly colored visitors. I was taking photos all day as captured as many as 7 on the feeder which was just insane but also a lot of fun. I'm saving a photo where an oriole is on top of the orange half with a piece of fruit hanging from his beak. It will make a very striking colored pencil project, I'm thinking this would be a perfect piece for the Colored Pencil of the Month Club.

In keeping with the exploration of the word "bird," so far we have covered blue and orange (which are complementary colors) visitors. I know you can't wait to see what brightly colored bird I'll share with you next. Keep a look out, you never know what you'll see if you start actually looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment